The Franklin Center for Government & Public Integrity seeks a Donor Relations Manager to reach out to and foster relationships with our growing network of individual, foundation, and corporate supporters across the nation. This role will report to the Director of Development.
The Donor Relations Manager will:
- Work closely with the Director of Development and senior leadership team to implement an integrated fundraising strategy, including individual, foundation, and corporate supporters
- Identify and cultivate new and existing relationships with existing supporters and key prospects
- Prepare presentations to deliver to potential donors and key stakeholders
- Solicit current and prospective donors for financial support for the Franklin Center
- Interact with current and prospective donors through telephone calls, one on one visits, and written correspondence
- Utilize fundraising database (Donor Perfect Online) to ensure current data on donors, gifts, and prospects; track progress; and analyze results
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Notable relationship building skills and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to strong creative, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize numerous moving parts of a project, and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to be a self-starter, and the ability to adapt to the constantly changing environment that comes with working at a young and growing organizations
- Experience with databases and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years fundraising or related experience
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Commitment to and passion for the principles of limited government, free markets, and personal responsibilities and an interest in journalism
Interested candidates should send a resume along with a cover letter detailing salary requirements and his/her interest in the mission the Franklin Center to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Franklin Center
The Franklin Center is a non-profit group dedicated to providing investigative reporters and non-profit organizations at the state and local level with the training, expertise and technical support necessary to pursue journalistic endeavors.
The Franklin Center was founded in January 2009 and is engaged in numerous journalist research projects, education programs and training programs designed to provide the network of investigative reporters and the general public access to information and news. At the core of the programs of the Franklin Center is the desire to implement training programs and policies that ensure the networking and cooperation of all reporters across the nation.
For more information about the Franklin Center and the work our network of reporters is doing, please see www.franklincenterhq.org, www.watchdog.org, and www.statehousenewsonline.com.