Ringing in the new year just one week ago, we can’t help but look back at the biggest stories of 2012 and fear the undoubted waste, fraud, and abuse that will come with eleventh-hour fiscal cliff deals and the full implementation of the President’s health care law.
Fear not. Franklin Center has on-the-ground investigative reporters and watchdogs across the country that will be working day and night to detect and expose corruption and incompetence at all levels of government.
And the biggest stories are yet to come.
But as we continue the fight to break the monopoly of information today’s news media have strangled Americans with, let’s also take a moment to look back at the biggest stories of 2012:
1. Wisconsin Gov. Walker 1st in Governor Nation to survive recall election
2. Michigan becomes 24th right-to-work state
3. AG Holder’s ties to abortion industry
4. VA: Congressman’s director & son caught committing voter fraud
5. CO: Secret energy lab spawns million dollar govt employee
6. PA Senate Leader goes to prison for illegal campaign activities
7. $2.2 Billion in tax dollars funding Bass Pro and Cabela’s
8. NM: Food Stamps used in liquor stores, casinos, smoke shops and more
9. Hollywood handouts: M. Night Shyamalan banks $48 million in tax dollars
10. NE: City leader steals money from local senior citizen center