Brett Kimberlin of Speedway Bomber infamy has been a hot topic on Twitter and across the blogosphere today. Those who have followed the story are horrified by the tactics Kimberlin has used to retaliate against those who have written about him – everyone from conservative bloggers up to sitting Senators.
But who is Brett Kimberlin?
From The Blaze:
- Drug dealer, alleged child molester, and convicted perjurer, forger and Indiana Speedway Bomber (who is also believed to have played a role in the assassination of a grandmother), Brett Kimberlin, spent 17 years in prison before his ultimate re-absorption into American society
- He started a non-profit dubbed “Justice Through Music (JTM)” that has, since at least 2005, been funded by George Soros’ Tides Foundation and Barbara Streisand among other leftists
- Along with his associate, Kimberlin also started an organization called “Velvet Revolution” that supports the Occupy movement
- JTM’s goal is to use music to foster “social justice” and fight Republican “voter fraud” (like the kind George Bush allegedly used to “steal” the Florida election)
- Any blogger — conservative and liberal alike — who has written the truth about Kimberlin has come under vicious attack by either Kimberlin or his minions, suffering death threats (veiled and unveiled), multiple lawsuits, loss of jobs and worse
- He has filed over 100 frivolous lawsuits against anything that isn’t nailed down and somehow is being allowed to continue unchecked
- This story has never been reported on in the mainstream media
He’s also the past hero of this 1991 NY Times piece, where they make him a martyr, while somehow failing to mention the Speedway bombing that landed him in prison in the first place. Minor details!
He’s gone on the attack against any blogger who has dared to mention his name, and not just in the internet troll sense that is standard online political banter. Read Patrick Frey of Patterico’s account of Brett Kimberlin’s destruction. Patterico is not alone: Aaron Worthing, Stacy McCain, and Liberty Chick have all been subject to attacks from Kimberlin. McCain was even forced out of his home this week for safety reasons.
For more info, Michelle Malkin has a great round up of those supporting free speech and joining in to tell the truth about Kimberlin.
So, news is news, right? Obviously the media would be on top of this story… right? The truth is that not one major media source has told the story of Brett Kimberlin. In the event that they needed a hook, United Liberty reports that the State Dept. is working with Kimberlin’s c (3) (funded by rich liberal donors, including George Soros). Run with that, legacy media!
Free speech is why America is free. Those who expose truth need to be protected. Patrick Frey was right: This could have been any of us. It’s our job to fight for free speech and a free press. If the legacy media refuses to tell the truth, we’re obligated to do so.