Databases: Federal Government
- BEA (Bureau of Economic Analysis): Regional Economic Accounts
- Census Bureau:
- DOL (Department of Labor): UnionReports.gov and Union Search
- FAA (Federal Aviation Administration): Aircraft Registration Inquiry (online). Related: FlightAware.
- FEC (Federal Election Commission):
- Federal Courts: PACER Search
- HUD (Housing and Urban Development):
- IRS Charity Search (online)
- IRS 527 info: Download entire database of electronic data from IRS 8871 and 8872 forms, which is updated every Sunday
- IRS 990s: this IRS page shows the contents of the index files for the “raw format” when IRS 990s are purchased from the IRS. Many IRS 990s can be viewed online at GuideStar.org.
- SEC: EDGAR Company Search
- National Institute for Computer-Assisted Reporting (NICAR) Database Library
- Eleven Great Sources of Government Data Sets to View in Google Earth
- Death Master File Notes. Includes frequency counts and discussion of limitations in data. Shows SQL query examples from Access and MySQL. Appendix shows how to extract a “State Death Master File.”
- Where Does Taxpayer Money Go? Government Spending